Hi, I’m Naser Al-Mufachi, owner of Ansar Editing and Consulting. Originally from London, I have been educated in the UK all the way up to PhD-level. Furthermore, I have spent a great deal of time in industry and academia working in laboratories in the USA and New Zealand as well as manufacturing facilities in the UAE and around the UK. Consequently, I have forged a unique set of skills and experience which lead me to establish this business. So, read on to find out more about my qualifications and work experience.
Career and academic highlights
- Publishing my first manuscript in a high impact factor journal that was accepted on the first submission without modifications (view article here)
- Passing my PhD viva first-time with minor thesis corrections (view PhD thesis here)
- Co-writing a successful grant proposal that was funded by the European Commission under Horizon 2020 worth €1.25 million
- Experience managing projects in laboratories and manufacturing facilities around the world
- MEng(Hons) degree in Materials Science and Engineering from Imperial College London (2007)
- PhD with integrated study from the University of Birmingham – Thesis title: Effects of palladium thin films on the hydrogen permeability of Pd-Cu alloy membranes (2015)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education from the University of Birmingham (2018)
- Research Scholar at Purdue University in the USA (2005)
- Investigated the effects of electroplating carbon aerogels with heavy metals such as nickel, iron and chromium
- Research Scholar at Industrial Research Limited in New Zealand (2006)
- Conducted scientific research into the development and utilisation of porous anodic alumina membranes for hydrogen separation applications
- Materials Engineer at Melrose plc (2007 – 2009)
- Gained significant experience with industrial project management, technical report writing, 2D drafting and 3D modelling
- Research Fellow at the University of Birmingham (2015 – 2019)
- Coordinated and project-managed the development of blended learning courses. Gained extensive experience with manuscript writing, grant writing, publishing, English language editing, scientific editing, peer reviewing and consulting work.
Remember to visit my YouTube channel to watch some of the latest videos featuring tips and advice on how to be successful at university and beyond.